Monday, January 17, 2011

The countdown is on!

8 months.. 7 months... 6 months... 5 months... that has been the mantra around my house since last chum salmon was caught on the Puntledge River in October. The countdown is on until the opening of Sockeye season. I was eating dinner tonight with my husband (Chris) and our fishing buddy (Kris) and, perhaps inspired by the broiled salmon on their plates, they proposed the idea of me starting a blog to record all of our fishing adventures (and misadventures). Last summer I decided I had had enough of watching from the shore and decided to pick up a rod and try it out. Chris buying me some cute pink chest waders defiantly helped me become more comfortable but it only took my first fish reeled in to make me almost as obsessed as they are. Good teachers, proper gear and lots of practice and I was reeling in fish after fish all summer long! Our first official fishing season as a threesome saw us catch Sockeye, Chinook, Pinks, Chum, and Coho. There will be more of the same this summer as well as some Halibut and Snapper attempts from the boat. I see this blog as a joint venture. Like the play by play for a hockey game, they will provide the technical detail while I give the colour commentary! Throw in some pictures and recipes and I think this may help us get through the next few months.













No comments:

Post a Comment