Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dinner Time!

Today's post was supposed to be about all of the prawning and crabbing Chris has been doing near Port Alice. He has been having a lot of success and our freezer is quickly filling with big delicious BC spot prawns. When we bought our boat last summer I was not as excited about it as the boys were because I get seasick pretty easily, but being able to eat these little beauties whenever I want makes me love the boat a little more every day!

Instead helping me write a post today, the Prince and the Jester spent the entire day comparison shopping at local fishing stores and planning for an exciting fishing trip they will be going on next weekend. The detailed post about his prawn adventures will have to wait until Chris' work week ends so tonight I will share the recipe for the best sandwich I have ever eaten! I'll call it Princess Prawn BLT.


Lettuce, tomato, turkey bacon, swiss cheese and a mountain of prawns.


To make the prawn dressing, boil the prawns in salted water for 2-3 minutes and then set aside to cool. Combine 1/4 cup mayo, 2 tsp white wine vinegar, 1 tsp honey, cracked pepper, 1/2 tsp chopped dill, 1 tsp chopped capers. Chop the prawns and toss in the dressing.






1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this, it looks delishious!!!!!! I can't get enough prawns this year!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete